Monday, September 18, 2006

Welcome to Donna

Donna introduces herself this way:

I am the adoptive mother of Christopher (24). Jenna (21). Sam(15) and Mack (14). Mack is actually my stepson who my husband and his ex-wife adopted at birth. Christopher and Jenna are now on their own - of course, they are never really on their own :). My ex-husband and I adopted Sam when he was six years old. After his adoption we received diagnoses of CAPD, SID, LD. mood disorder, and generalized anxiety disorder. Later we received the diagnosis of FASD to which all of the others are secondary. Mack had a diagnosis of ADHD when I married his dad. Since then he has received a diagnosis of bipolar disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, ODD, and possible RAD. I suspect FASD and recently found the paperwork from the interview with the birthmother that the social worker did for adoption. The birthmother admits to drinking during the first trimester and the note at the bottom indicates that she is alcohol and drug dependent and was in treatment at age 15. So, I am on a mission to get the correct diagnosis.

I would like to be a part of this blog to share adoption experiences and other daily adventures with others in the adoption world. You can read about her life at The Second Time Around.

No comments: